Pages

May 18, 2013

Those Who Wait

With just one week left until I take off to Europe for the summer it is all starting to seem more real. I slept late on this rainy Saturday morning & met my best friend Caroline for brunch at one of our favorite spots: Whole Foods. It only just popped up outside our neighborhoods a little over a year ago & we can't get enough. Whole Foods is a happy place that satisfies a wide variety of customers from down-to-earth "granola" folks to sporty moms dressed head-to-toe in Lululemon.

As we scavenged the salad bar with eco-friendly plates in hand it struck me that this was the last time we would be doing this for a while. You see Caroline, a recent graduate, is following her dreams of acting to New York City. I couldn't be more proud & excited, but after almost a decade of knowing one another everything we've talked about for so long is actually happening. After finding a table I opened my Sweet Leaf Lemonade Tea to find an appropriate saying on the bottom of the bottle: "Good things come to those who wait."


Unfortunately, I can be somewhat impatient... Good news is I only have to wait seven days until I land in London. (Did I mention how excited I am?) I know good things will come to Caroline as she moves her life up north this summer just as GREAT things are about to happen to me. These next three months will bring many changes & incredible experiences into my life & I can't wait to share it all with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment